Sunday 6 November 2016

Hallowe'en/Samhain 2016

For Hallowe'en/Samhain last Monday I made my usual Demon's Blood drink. I also made some potato salad like I did last year (the recipe is from The Kitchen Witch book by Soraya) and had it with some buffet type food such as hummus, breadsticks and chicken bites.

As I wrote in my Celebration Ideas post, I wanted to bake gingerbread but wasn't sure which type. In the end I went with the recipe for gingerbread skeletons from last year and put some icing on them, but I also added some chocolate like I did with the bats I made in 2013.

I had a pumpkin and also put tealights in the pumpkin jar like last year. Here's a pic:



And here are a couple of pictures of the gingerbread. I did a mixture of "men/skeletons" and round ones. This is what they looked like before being decorated:


And after. The icing ran a bit! lol.



Another thing I did on Hallowe'en was this Samhain invocation by Tess Whitehurst: http://tesswhitehurst.com/a-simple-samhain-invocation/

It's quick and easy to do. :)


It feels like "proper" autumn now. The leaves on the trees seemed to take a while to turn this year but then they went in the last couple of weeks or so. Here's a photo I took in Hove Park the other week:



The weather has gone a lot colder in the last few days too and since the clocks went back last weekend it's getting darker earlier, around 5pm now. The days will continue to get shorter until Yule in December.



Hope you had a happy Hallowe'en and/or Samhain (depending on how you celebrate)! Hope you've been having a good autumn too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment