Monday 2 May 2016

Beltane 2016

For Beltane yesterday I made some guacamole like I did last year (recipe is from The Kitchen Witch book by Soraya) and had it with some salad, chicken, ham, egg, pitta bread, shop bought dips (hummus and onion and garlic), sea salt and cider vinegar crisps and beetroot, parsnip and carrot vegetable crisps. (It was the first time I'd tried the vegetable crisps and I found them a bit strange to be honest! lol). I had it with Bottlegreen elderflower sparkling presse.

Here's a picture of the food:




I was also at a belly dance workshop yesterday for my group's show and one of the dances we did is called Celtic Star. As someone pointed out, that fits the theme of May Day since we wear flower crowns on our heads and it's a Maypole type dance!

The weather has been very changeable here lately, there was even a bit of sleet and snow last week! It's feeling more like spring though, there's a lighter atmosphere. Hopefully now that we're in May we'll start getting better weather.


Hope you had a good Beltane/May Day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment